CMS Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Prevention
Category: Corporate Compliance
Duration: 60 minutes
Target Audience: Organizations that provide health or administrative services to Medicare enrollees must satisfy general compliance and FWA training requirements.
Course Overview: There are differences between fraud, waste, and abuse. One of the primary differences is intent and knowledge. Fraud requires intent to obtain payment and the knowledge that the actions are wrong. Waste and abuse may involve obtaining an improper payment or creating an unnecessary cost to the Medicare Program but does not require the same intent and knowledge. Organizations that provide health or administrative services for Medicare enrollees, every action you take potentially affects Medicare enrollees, the Medicare Program, or the Medicare Trust Fund, compliance is required and the responsibility of all.
- Recognize FWA in the Medicare Program
- Identify the major laws and regulations pertaining to FWA
- Recognize the potential consequences and penalties associated with violations
- Identify methods of preventing FWA
- Identify how to report FWA
- Recognize how to correct FWA