Tips for National Ergonomics Week
The National Safety Council (NSC) reminds us that week 2 of June National Safety Week is Ergonomics Week.
Here is a list of the Councilâ€™s daily ergonomics tips to share with your co-workers:
* Monday: Keep your joints and muscles relaxed by stretching to increase blood flow throughout the duration of your work day.
* Tuesday: Avoid muscle and joint cramps by periodically adjusting your seated position.
* Wednesday: Practice ergonomics at work and home to avoid conditions such as overexertion.
* Thursday: If a stretch begins to hurt, ease up on the amount of stretch and quit if you canâ€™t do it without pain.
* Friday: Avoid straining your eyes at a computer by periodically taking time to close your eyes for a minute at a time and then focusing on an object at least 20 feet away.