3 Tips, Tools and Topics to be Thankful for
For many of us in the United States, the holidays kick off this week with Thanksgiving. Each year on the fourth Thursday in November, we gather for a day of giving thanks, family, feasting, and football.Â Thanksgiving is a day of giving thanks of the harvest and giving thanks for the preceding year. Here are 3 tips, tools and topics we shared this year that you may be thankful for.
- â€śModifiedâ€ť Stage 2 Meaningful Use
Just recently, CMS announced modifications to the EHR Incentive Programs beginning in 2015 and continuing through 2017.Â Starting in 2015, all providers will be required to
attest to a single set of objectives and measures. This means, all providers, regardless of which Meaningful Use Stage they are currently in, must attest to the objectives and measures included in Modified Stage 2. To help organization with constantly evolving Meaningful Use requirements, we launched our Meaningful Use services.Â In addition to â€śModifiedâ€ť Stage 2, we can help your organization with Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Meaningful Use requirements.Â Â Click 2015 Meaningful Use Webinar or reach out to us for more information about our Meaningful Use services.
- CMS announces concessions in the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10
We published an article that discussed CMS concessions regarding ICD-10 implementation:
- Claim denials. For the first year ICD-10 is in place, Medicare claims will not be denied solely based on the specificity of the diagnosis codes as long as they are from the appropriate family of ICD-10 codes.
- Quality-reporting penalties. Similar to claim denials, CMS will not subject physicians to penalties for the Physician Quality Reporting System, the value-based payment modifier or meaningful use based on the specificity of diagnosis codes as long as they use a code from the correct ICD-10 family of codes.
- Payment disruptions. If Medicare contractors are unable to process claims as a result of problems with ICD-10, CMS will authorize advance payments to physicians.
- Navigating transition problems. CMS has said it will establish a communication center to monitor issues and resolve them as quickly as possible. This will include an â€śICD-10 ombudsmanâ€ť devoted to triaging physician issues.
- Cybersecurity Awareness
Cybersecurity focuses on protecting computers, networks, programs and data from unintended or unauthorized access, change or destruction. The objectives of cybersecurity are to protect the availability, integrity and confidentiality of an organizationâ€™s and/or userâ€™s assets.Â We shared five reasonable and effective methods organizations and individuals can safeguard ePHI.Â The 5 steps we recommend include:
- Strong Password Policy
- Security Risk Analysis (SRA)
- Protection from Malicious Software
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy
Click Cybersecurity Awareness to access the entire article. Conclusion These 3 tips, tools and topics are by no means all inclusive.Â They are tools and topics requested and hot topic items. We would like to thank each and every one of you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with up-to-date information, and we would like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. If you have any questions about any of the 3 Tips, Tools or Topics, or any other compliance related questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our professional consultants. Â