Medicare Eligible Professionals Must Attest by March 31, 2014 to Receive 2013 Incentive
If you meet the Medicare Eligible Professional criteria as defined by law, the last day you can register and attest to demonstrating meaningful use for the 2013 Medicare EHR Incentive Program is March 31, 2014. In order to receive incentive payments for your 2013 participation of implementing Electronic Health Records, you must successfully attest by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on March 31, 2014.
Eligible professionals under the Medicare EHR incentive Program include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse-midwife
- Physician assistant who furnishes services in a Federally Qualified Health Center or Rural Health Clinic that is led by a physician assistant.
CMS extended the deadline for eligible professionals to attest to meaningful use for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program to allow more time for providers to submit their meaningful use data and receive an incentive payment for the 2013 program year.
Payment adjustments for eligible professionals will be applied beginning January 1, 2015, to Medicare participants that have not successfully demonstrated meaningful use.
To qualify for an incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, an eligible professional must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 30% Medicaid patient volume
- Have a minimum 20% Medicaid patient volume, and is a pediatrician
- Practice predominantly in a Federally Qualified Health Center or Rural Health Center and have a minimum 30% patient volume attributable to needy individuals
You must attest to demonstrating meaningful use every year to receive an incentive and avoid a payment adjustment.
If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact one of our professional consultants.