CMS wants to remind eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) of the key registration dates for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs, and provide information to help them successfully register and start their path to payment for 2011.
Important Registration Dates to Remember:
* November 30, 2011: Last day for eligible hospitals and CAHs to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for the federal fiscal year 2011.
* February 29, 2012: Last day for EPs to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for the calendar year 2011.
When Should Providers Register?
CMS encourages providers to register for the Medicare and/or Medicaid EHR Incentive Program(s) as soon as possible to avoid payment delays. Please note that not all states have launched a Medicaid EHR Incentive Program yet. Providers will not be able to complete their registration for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program until their state's program has launched and that state's site has opened. Providers should check their state's status.
Note: Providers can register before they have a certified EHR and can also register if they do not have an enrollment record in PECOS.
CMS has a number of resources to help providers successfully register for the EHR Incentive Programs:
* Step-by-step registration guides, available on CMS' registration page
* A number of FAQs about registration on the EHR Incentive Programs website
* Webinars on YouTube to help guide providers through the registration process (one for EPs, and one for hospitals)
Want more information about the EHR Incentive Programs? Make sure to visit the EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs and continue to follow our Medicare Forum.