If you are a Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinician who participated in Year 2 (2018) of the Quality Payment Program, the MIPS Data Submission Period is open. Data can be submitted and updated any time between January 2, 2019, and April 2, 2019 unless one of the exceptions in bold below applies.
According to CMS, you can submit your 2018 MIPS Data by completing the following steps:
- Go to theQuality Payment Program website
- Log-in using your QPP access credentials (see below for directions)
- Submit your MIPS data for Year 2 (2018)
- It's important to note that CMS web interface users need to report their Quality performance category data betweenJanuary 22 and March 22, 2019.
- Also, for clinicians who reportedQuality measures via Medicare Part B claims throughout the 2018 performance year, CMS will receive your quality data from claims processed by your Medicare Administrative Contractor, andclaims for services furnished during 2018 must be processed within 60 days after the end of the 2018 performance period.
Unsure if a clinician is required to participate?
Clinicians who are not sure if they are eligible to participate in the Quality Payment Program can check their eligibility status using theQPP Participation Status Tool.
To learn more about important updates for 2019, click HERE.