Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Healthcare Compliance Pros for fresh articles!
the Compliance INSIDER
On January 15th, 2021, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA),...Read More
On January 15, 2021, the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that Excellus Health...Read More
The new year brings forth another settlement action for violating the HIPAA Privacy Rule's Right of Access Initiative. "This first resolution...Read More
RBMA 2020 PaRADigm Annual Meeting
11-10-2020 07:00 AM
Eric Christensen, Director of Client Services, will be doing a virtual presentation November 10th at 2:45 PM EST on "The 10 Hottest Compliance Topics You Should Be Looking at in your practice"
Regulatory compliance in healthcare is a complex, ever-changing industry. Regulatory change means constant vigilance is necessary to prevent serious vulnerabilities that will lead to costly penalties and fines. During this presentation, we will discuss the top 10 compliance topics that you need to consider in your organization, to assure adherence to requirements and government standards.
- Security Risk Analysis (SRA) - Including an insufficient EMR or Checklist
- Cyber security and Social Media
- Right of Access Initiative not Being Followed
- Exclusion Screening Not Being Performed Correctly, or at All!
- Failing to Have Implemented Auditing and Monitoring in Place
- Mobile Devices - Including Lack of Security and Control over Text Messaging
- Missing Mechanisms in Place for Employee and Patient Complaints
- Failing to Implement Regular and Effective Education and Training Programs
- Not Tracking or Reporting Suspected Breaches and/or Other Incidents.
- Compliance Program Deficiencies and/or Findings not Being Communicated or Corrected
Compliance doesn't need to be a burden, and Eric will show how organizations can have a correct implementation and adherence to standards that will benefit your practice.
Indiana MGMA Webinar: Social Media in the Medical Practice: Risk, Rewards, and Reputation Management
11-10-2020 12:00 PM
Medical practices must understand the importance of the appropriate use of social media in the medical practice. A nurse posting a photo of a patient on Instagram after a successful procedure, a receptionist posting a selfie on Facebook with a list of the day's patients in the background, or a physician responding to a negative comment spotted on Google, can lead to potential HIPAA and reputation issues. This presentation will outline how to identify and reduce risks associated with the use of social media, as well as how to appropriately use social media for marketing purposes.
Identify risks associated with the use of social media by workforce members involving protected health information and ways to mitigate those risks
Use social media to promote the practice without violating HIPAA
Manage the reputation of the practice and individual providers by developing strong policies and procedures and training for the entire workforce
Compliance in 2020 Webinar
10-14-2020 11:00 AMView Webinar